LIDC membership is free and open to all staff, postgraduate students and alumni from the five Bloomsbury Colleges (Birkbeck, Institute of Education, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Royal Veterinary College, School of Oriental and African Studies) who are interested in international development.
Members from The School of Pharmacy
Please note that as of July 2012 The School of Pharmacy is no longer a member of the Bloomsbury Consortium of Colleges. At the moment, LIDC does not accept new members from The School of Pharmacy.
How to Join
Please fill in the membership form:
The benefits of LIDC membership include:
- Access to the wealth of development-related knowledge and expertise of Bloomsbury Colleges: finding project partners, finding experts on a particular area, etc.
- Opportunities to work on interdisciplinary research projects (for interested Bloomsbury academic staff).
- Opportunities to broaden your knowledge of development and develop new perspectives.
- Work experience placement scheme for student and alumni members.
Staying in touch
As a member you will receive regular communications from LIDC:
- Daily and/ or weekly media briefings with development-related news from the Bloomsbury Colleges and international media outlets.
- Invitations to development-related events organised by LIDC and its member Colleges (workshops, seminars, conferences and social events).
- Monthly newsletter on LIDC's work, development news from Bloomsbury Colleges and external opportunities, including events, grants, vacancies and calls for papers.
You can also keep up-to-date on our work through:
- LIDC Moodle - an online resource where you can access additional materials, find researchers working on your area of interest or join a discussion forum
- LIDC Blog
- social networking sites.
I’m not from a Bloomsbury College – how can I get involved?
Only staff, student or alumni of Bloomsbury Colleges can become LIDC members.