LIDC membership is free and open to all staff, postgraduate students and alumni from the five Bloomsbury Colleges (Birkbeck, UCL-Institute of Education, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Royal Veterinary College & SOAS) who are interested in international development.
How to Join
Please fill in the membership form:
The benefits of LIDC membership include:
- Access to the wealth of development-related knowledge and expertise of Bloomsbury Colleges: finding project partners, finding experts on a particular area, etc.
- Opportunities to work on interdisciplinary research projects and to apply for Seed Funding (for interested Bloomsbury academic staff).
- Opportunities to broaden your knowledge of development and develop new perspectives.
- Work experience placement scheme for student and alumni members
- Rooms for intercollegate meetings at LIDC
- Access to LIDC organized events/meetings
- Browse fellow members' profiles in the database
Staying in touch
As a member you will receive regular communications from LIDC:
- Daily and/ or weekly media briefings with development-related news from the Bloomsbury Colleges and international media outlets.
- Invitations to development-related events organised by LIDC and its member Colleges (workshops, seminars, conferences and social events).
- Monthly newsletter on LIDC's work, development news from Bloomsbury Colleges and external opportunities, including events, grants, vacancies and calls for papers.
You can also keep up-to-date on our work through:
- LIDC Moodle - an online resource where you can access additional materials, find researchers working on your area of interest or join a discussion forum
- Social networking sites Twitter @LIDC_UK Facebook LIDC page
I’m not from a Bloomsbury College – how can I get involved?
Only staff, student or alumni of Bloomsbury Colleges can become LIDC members.
*Should you encounter a problem, please email Clem Silverman, Communications Officer
Members from The School of Pharmacy
Please note that as of July 2012 The School of Pharmacy is no longer a member of the Bloomsbury Consortium of Colleges. At the moment, LIDC does not accept new members from The School of Pharmacy.